Tuesday 31 December 2013

Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year to you all.

Well, 2013 proved to be a very difficult year! Those of you who have had breast cancer will know that it involves enduring a series of both physcial and emotional losses over a period of some months, a process that is both exhausting and demoralising.

The year was not without it's rewards, however. I am eternally grateful to the medical and nursing team that gave (and continue to give) me such excellent care. I also had the experience of doing an amazing program through a company called Precision Nutrition which not only helped me lose 15kg, but also allowed me to build a healthy and sustainable lifestyle and find a joy in movement and physicality that I didn't know existed. And finally, where would I be without my friends? Their kindness and support were a bright light in a dark tunnel. My hope for everyone  is that 2014 is full of much more of the good stuff that fills your heart and nourishes your soul.

Top:Cue
Shorts:Country Road
Shoes:Wittner
This is my New Years Day attire, casual as befits a day at home and cool in deference to the Queensland summer. The top has a cocoon shape, and whilst the front lies fairly flat, the back billows out in an interesting way.
I have decided that I enjoy clothes with interesting details and designs and having a straight torso can provide a good canvas for them. One of the discussions over at YouLookFab is on fashion New Year's resolutions. Mine is to develop a wardrobe that contains only things I love. This may be a good starting point. What are your fashion resolutions for this year?

1 comment: